Wednesday 13 April 2011

Little Lizzy's Headband FREE PATTERN

Now that it is way to warm out for some of her hats, My little one needs something cool for spring that will add the special something to her wardrobe.
This headband is so super cute! A perfect crochet project if you only have 10 minutes, and a great gift for spring! I think I might have to make one of these to match every outfit my little Lizzy owns!

Materials used:
Small amounts of any kind of yarn. I prefer cotton, but these two were done using worsted weight acrylic (white flower) and Bernat's Satin (pink flower)
any type of button for centre
measuring tape
yarn needle
G or H hook.
gauge is not important, just make sure the measurement of the band will fit the head of the one you are making it for!

Pattern

White Flower headband:

start with Magic ring, being sure to leave a long tail for sewing button.

Ch2

Row 1.  12 dc in magic ring. Join with sl st to top of ch2. pull tail to tighten circle

Row 2. Ch2. 4 dc in next st. ch 2 join with sl st in next st. petal made.

*Ch2. 4dc in next st. ch 2. join with sl st in next st* continue around until 6 petals are made ending with joining with a sl st in the starting st.

Sl st in back post of dc in row 1.

ch approximately  45, or enough to measure 13 inches. (or desired size to fit baby's head.)

join to underside of flower with a sl st, being carful not to twist band. Fasten off yarn, leaving a long tail.

using tail from magic ring, use yarn needle to join button. If your button has four holes, I like to do two of them with the tail from the magic ring and two of them with the tail from the chain band. fasten tightly, being sure the button is not loose (we don't want any choking babies, now do we?)

Pink Flower headband:


start with magic circle, be sure to leave a long tail for sewing button.

ch 2. 14 dc in magic circle. sl st in top of ch 2 pull tail to tighten circle.

ch 1. sc in sam st.

ch 2, skip next st. *sc in next st. ch 2. skip next st* (loop made)

continue from * to* around join with sl st to first sc. (7 loops made.)

(sc, hdc, 3 dc, hdc, sc) all in first loop (petal made)

repeat for each of the 7 loops around. join. (first petal row made)

working behind this first row of petals, sc around the post of first sc on petal row.

ch 4 *sc around post of next sc on first petal row. ch4* repeat from * to * around. join. 7 more loops made.

In first loop (sc hdc, dc, 2 tr, dc, hdc, sc) first petal made. repeat in each of the remaining 6 loops. 7 more petals made.

sl st in back post of sc.


ch approximately  45, or enough to measure 13 inches. (or desired size to fit baby's head.)

join to underside of flower with a sl st, being carful not to twist band. Fasten off yarn, leaving a long tail.

using tail from magic ring, use yarn needle to join button. If your button has four holes, I like to do two of them with the tail from the magic ring and two of them with the tail from the chain band. fasten tightly, being sure the button is not loose .

Enjoy these little headbands, experament with color change variations to your hearts content!

**You may use this pattern to sell items, but I request that a link or credit be given back to this site** This is a ©Knotty Knotty Crochet pattern, and may not under any circumstances be sold in whole or in part. Duplication is by written permission only.

7 comments:

  1. this is sooo adorable i dont really know any of the abbreviations im just starting to crochet the only knot i know is the granny square knot but i would love to learn how to do this you should make videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No time to do videos....mom of four little ones! However, this uses just basic stitches that you would be able to see on you tube I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another awesome idea!! I think you might be the inspiration for all my Christmas gifts this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try this pattern and enjoy doing so thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi, I just wanted to thank you for sharing this pattern! Reading your profile brought tears to my eyes; you and I are such Kindred spirits! I will prayer for your family and homeschool journey! Take Care & God Bless,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just started reading patterns and found this to be great! I have a little girl due tomorrow and working on it for her first pictures! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can someone help me?! I'm making the white flower headband for a niece for Christmas but I keep getting stuck when I do the petals. I can only seem to fit 3 petals not 6. Is it the size of the magic ring I'm getting wrong? I'm doing 12 stitches in the magic ring. I'm ready to give up as Christmas is getting closer!

    ReplyDelete

Little flying ace hat, scarf and boot FREE PATTERN!

 I have been wanting to do this little set for a while, and was thrilled when a friend ordered it for her new grand-baby. I can't wait...